The Companies We Serve
Here at Navigate, we believe in supporting entrepreneurs. They are the beating heart at the centre of our ecosystem. We support them, and they support us. All of us. It’s symbiotic. They create jobs, drive innovation, support local charities, and buy local themselves, because they know just how important that is. From the little coffee shop on the corner to the new tech startup that is gaining traction beyond our borders, entrepreneurs are the backbone of our economy and our communities.
Check out and support all of the wonderful entrepreneurs we serve by clicking on the icons below.
And don’t forget to LIKE, SHARE and FOLLOW these folks on social media and of course to SHOP LOCAL to show your support!
Why shop local?
- Keep your $ in the community
- Local businesses support other local businesses
- Local businesses donate more to local charities
- Local businesses define the quality of life of a community
- Lower carbon footprint
- Local businesses are the largest local employers
- Personalized customer service and high customer satisfaction
- Local businesses offer the products and services you want
- Local business owners invest in community
- Small businesses drive competition, diversity and innovation
“You can't buy happiness, but you can buy local, and that's kind of the same.”
All Hands On Deck
It takes a crew to navigate through a successful expedition. Recent studies have shown that startups and entrepreneurs thrive when they’re part of a supportive ecosystem that includes:
- Entrepreneur to entrepreneur interaction
- Investment in entrepreneurial skill building activities
- Support from entrepreneurship organizations, government, funders and academia
- Direct access to business incubators, entrepreneur networking events, R & D, training, and opportunities for growth
- Events and activities that bring mature firms and venture capital firms into contact with startups
- Mature firms playing an active role in mentoring and assisting up-and-coming startups
At Navigate, we’ve seen first hand how vital this ecosystem is. As the entrepreneurship hub for Western NL, we are working together with entrepreneurs and partners to build a robust and healthy entrepreneurial ecosystem for now and for the future.
Collide. Connect. Create. With Navigate.
2021 Navigate Ecosystem Map
EasyGrows Indoor Garden Centre
Local Hydroponics, Indoor Cultivation, and Gardening Supplies store. Easy Grows provides everything you need to grow anything in your home
Laughing Heart Music
Laughing Heart Music is a full-service music business offering artist management, music publishing, and record label services providing both physical and digital music distribution, along with publishing administration and collections services.
The Social Catalyst
The Social Catalyst is a social media workshop and training company, which also focuses on social media management services for small-medium sized businesses.
Gertrude Bradbury, President/GM, Lock’s Electrical Ltd. (Co-Chair)
Chad Simms, Senior Campus Director, CNA Corner Brook Campus
Geoff Wareham, Financial Advisor, Harbour Financial Group – IPC
Jen Shears, Owner, The Natural Boutique
Michelle Melendy, CEO, Western Group of Companies
Nigel Jenkins, Artist Manager & Record Label Owner, Laughing Heart Music (Navigate Graduate)
Sharon Wright, Manager, Wright’s Family Farm Ltd.
Steve Churchill, President/CEO, Phonetech
Our Partners and Funders
Navigate is a partnership between Grenfell Campus and CNA Corner Brook Campus and is funded by the Provincial Government of Newfoundland and Labrador and the Federal Government of Canada. We thank you for your continued support of entrepreneurs in our province!